What is Route Optimization? Why does your business need it in 2022?
Route optimization is a method of determining the most efficient solutions to difficulties that field service companies encounter, such as long driving hours, convoluted routes, and excessive fuel use. A delivery route is a combination of multiple areas, delivery schedules, delivery boys, and business growth.
When volumes are huge and there are hundreds of delivery agents and destinations involved, manually optimizing routes is challenging. When things are done manually, your supply chain’s efficiency, scalability, accuracy, and adaptability are all impaired.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Route optimization employs data analytics and computer algorithms to determine the best cost-effective delivery route depending on factors such as:
- Congestion in the streets
- Intersections and turns
- Drivers who are closest
The fleet management can assign routes automatically once a route has been determined.
Why do you need route optimization?
As a delivery firm in the year 2022, it’s only logical to incorporate technology into the supply chain model and take advantage of automation’s capabilities. By leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and screening various possible routes from point A to point B, advanced logistics solutions may figure out the best, most efficient delivery route, decreasing manual dependency, automating the end-to-end logistics process, and saving time and money.
- Fuel cost optimization
- Reduce delivery time
- On-time delivery to the customer
- Higher customer satisfaction
- It Saves Business owners time to organize the route for each driver every day
- Reduces the scope of error or miss by removing manual route planning
Route optimization brings:
- Reducing Delivery Turnaround-Time
- Reduced calls to customer service
- Reduced route planning time
- Efficient drivers schedules
- Maximize delivery profitability
- Enhance real-time tracking of driver and orders
How does Trakop help?
- Planners can now use a CSV file to enter huge numbers of orders.
- Week-long plans, including overnight trips (technicians cover big areas), with a different starting/end location every day, are much easier to put up.
- Trakop sends orders to drivers automatically depending on geography, capacity, state restrictions, licensing, and competence needs.
- Trakop calculates the best route and schedule for each technician to service their clients, taking into account customer-specific service hours, lunch breaks, traffic, and other factors.
- The Trakop smartphone driver app assists drivers in staying on track and on time.
Adopting intelligent delivery management software that allows for end-to-end visibility of delivery operations, autonomous route planning, and the centralization of logistics data can help enhance last-mile delivery.
Get a free trial here…
Hope You Enjoyed the Read!
He loves to explore. His passion for helping delivery industries in all aspects flows through in the vision he has. In addition to providing smart solution to make delivery process flawless, Ravi also likes to write sometimes to make it easier for people from business industry looking for digital solutions.